2012 is fleeting. Like others, I've been reflecting on all that has taken place this year. The ups, the downs and everything in between. Certain moments were teeming with happiness, while others overflowed with sorrow. Many tears were shed throughout the year, but laughter continued to echo within these four walls. There were days where sadness overcame us, but hope prevailed. Our lives will never be the same, but we're starting to settle into this new one. It'll all get easier in time.
I believe God has used the trials we've faced to strengthen me. Like a gardener; weeding out that which wasn't good for my growth, while fertilizing that which was. Looking back now, I can see how far I have come. How, by His grace, I've been able to push through and flourish. I'm so grateful for His guidance and the manifestation of His will within my life. Although I may not always understand the reasoning behind the things that happen, I still trust Him. His plans are much better than mine.
The past year has taught me that:
1. I am much stronger than I realized.
2. Sometimes pain is required with growth.
3. Change is a process and a process takes time.
4. There is no point in over-thinking situations.
5. I won't get along with everyone and that's okay.
6. Stepping out of my comfort zone isn't that bad.