Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Late Weekend Rundown

It feels like I've been gone for a crazy amount of time, when really, it's only been a few days. I'm so behind on everything blog related, so much so that I totally threw my "blog schedule" out the window and decided to just sit down a write. Life's been a bit chaotic recently. I knew this past weekend was going to be a bloody challenge with everything I had to tackle: hosting Jen's bridal shower, celebrating Father's Day + the hub's birthday and reuniting with one of my best friends, Lauren, as she moved back after living in Germany for the past 3 years. You try cramming ALL of that into 2 days, people!

Even though it was jam-packed, our weekend was a blast! Friday was spent getting everything in order for Jen's bridal shower on Saturday afternoon. I shared about her engagement and upcoming wedding in this post back in March. It turned out really nice and I know that she enjoyed herself! On Saturday evening, we went to visit my Grandpa to celebrate Father's Day early since Sunday was spent catching up with Lauren and celebrating G's 25th birthday. I really, really wish we would have done more for his birthday but he insisted on something simple (we've been celebrating everything low-key this year). So, dinner and a movie it was. We had dinner at Outback and went to see X-Men: Days of Future Past, which was so freaking good by the way.

Oh, on top of everything else, I switched to the dark side on Sunday afternoon and became the owner of a brand new iPhone 5s. Unintentionally, of course! You see, I surprised G with one for his birthday. We were planning on waiting until the end of the year, but I wanted to spoil him (as usual) and I had recently paid off my Note 2. As soon as we went down to have his activated, he easily talked me into getting one for myself. And the rest is history. So long, Android! Well, err, kinda. I'm still keeping my Note 2, but I'll be using it as a tablet from now on since everything still works as long there's wi-fi. It's a total win-win, yo! I'm still getting used to this itty-bitty screen. It's such a big change for me. But the camera on this thing is ridic and I absolutely love it.

Whenever the weekend came to a close, I thought I would have had a chance to breathe. But, on Monday, my mama sliced her foot open (her toe to be more specific) and we spent a good portion of our morning waiting in the urgent care office. 5 stitches and what seemed like a year later, she was back home and resting. So, for the last 2 days I've been doing my best to keep her off of her feet while taking care of everything around the house. I took yesterday off from work (I was only scheduled for 4 hours anyway so it's not that big of a deal). I had no idea how much my mama actually did every single day. This whole experience is a real eye-opener. I feel like there's not enough hours in the day to do all the things that need to be done, but I'm trying my best.

I'm hoping to have more time to post in the next few days, but if that doesn't happen, just bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment