Thursday, October 02, 2014

Treasure Island

There's still a handful of posts that I haven't had a chance to share yet, including our trip to Treasure Island last month. My mama, Garrett and I were (finally) able to sneak away to the beach for a couple of days. The weather wasn't cooperating with us at all on the first day, it rained a little bit on the second and of course it was clear the day we had to head back home. Granted, we still had a relaxing mini vaca and that's all that matters! I took a ton of photos, so I'll keep my rambling to a minimum and let them do most of the talking.

Like I said, the weather was kinda yucky on Monday. It started raining right before we got on the road. At first, I was allowing it to put me in a bad mood until G talked some sense into me. And by talk I mean told me I needed an attitude adjustment, asap. Haha, tough love, but it worked! I snapped out of it when we pulled up to the resort. We checked in quickly and went out for a bite to eat at Sloppy Joe's. By the time we were finished, the sun decided to say hello for a little while. We walked along the beach as the waves crashed the shoreline. The remainder of the evening was pretty low-key. We got some drinks and caught up on some rest.

Tuesday was still a bit cloudy, but it only rained briefly during the afternoon. Mama and I went out for breakfast as soon as we woke up, while G slept in. Once he was awake, we drove over to John's Pass to walk around and check out the shops. We visited our favorite coffee spot, the tea and spice exchange and a handful of other places before going back to the resort. Later that afternoon, we found a hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Dockside Dave's to eat dinner at. What they lacked in ambiance, they made up for in the quality of their food. Seriously, the best (and biggest) grouper sandwiches I've ever seen. We made it back to the resort as the sun was setting and decided to walk down to the beach to get a better view. God couldn't have painted a better one that evening. It was beautiful.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky come Wednesday morning. It would be sunny on the day we were heading home, go figure. After packing everything up, we stopped at John's Pass one last time for breakfast + coffee. Despite the lousy weather, we ended up having a great time. And, as promised, here are all of the photos. I took a lot more, but here are my favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment